Monday, December 17, 2012

Dan and Tchaikovsky

The other day I was upstairs sitting by our entertainment center.  My ipod, loaded with a LOT of Christmas music, was randomly rotating through it all and was playing some Tchaikovsky.  Dan came upstairs and said, "Mom, you're listening to the Nutcracker!  Good choice!"  I asked how he knew it was the Nutcracker.  Dan said, "I learned about it in music class at school.  It's a ballet."

Dan has at least four cousins who performed in the Nutcracker this year, but I really didn't expect that he would know anything about it, since he wasn't in attendance at any of their performances.  I guess this proves that he is learning something at school!  He did explain to me that ballet is dancing.  I apparently don't know much, but I do make good musical listening choices!

No comments: