Friday, November 3, 2017

A Savior Who Can Help

Picture by Anton Dietrich

This morning I said a prayer for help before studying my scriptures.  Help for me.  Help for my children.  Help in knowing how to help.  I didn't say it in those words, but I'm sure that our Heavenly Father heard me.  As I read I recognized just how much knowledge God gives us in the scriptures.  He would not have bothered if He didn't care.

It struck me that there is not a limit to the good that God can do in our lives, except for the limits we create by our lack of faith.  This is not a harsh fact, but a hopeful one.  We can increase our faith!  No problem is too big for God to solve.  No person is too unimportant for Him to help.  In fact, no person is unimportant!

I know that I have put limits on what He can do for me.  I have refused to ask for help because I was sure I wouldn't receive an answer.  I thought I had faith in God, just not in my ability to hear.  It turned out that God was willing to answer AND to help me hear.  I wonder in what other ways I have limited God without even realizing that's what I was doing!

After all of our failures in faith, and trust.  After all of our sin, and lack of belief, the Lord still says that His "arm is lengthened out all the day long".  He is reaching out to us.  He never gives up.  At the end of my study, my challenges were the same, my children's challenges were the same, but my load was lighter because I was reminded very kindly that I have a Heavenly Father who cares, and a Savior who can, and does, help.

*This morning's study was 2 Nephi: 28

No comments: