Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Belonging

I admit that sometimes I have no idea what the prophet Isaiah was talking about, and yet, some of my favorite scriptures are from Isaiah.  For March I have decided to learn a part of Isaiah 43:1.  "Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine."

As I have contemplated this scripture it has given me a strong feeling of belonging.  I belong to Heavenly Father as His daughter.  I belong to Jesus Christ because He redeemed me.  I choose Him -- but honestly, He chose me a long time ago.  He loves me and chose to redeem me.  I believe that Jesus wants to keep all those that are His, and so contemplating this scripture has given me a great deal of peace.  

Today, I hope that you will feel that belonging too.  We are loved.  God knows our name, and we are His.

**Picture "Isaiah Writing" used with permission from churchofjesuschrist.org 

No comments: