Friday, May 21, 2021

Derek Was Born in May

 And we celebrated!  Derek is awesome.  

I decided to let you see my ridiculous artwork.  I am not really much of an artist, but I had fun drawing on Derek's present!  Derek called this a dinosaur with birth defects -- but hey he's a happy dinosaur!

It's possible that Dan thought this was an exploding log.  In case that's what you think, I'll just tell you that it is quite obviously a volcano :-)

If this isn't obviously a plant and a little piece of sun to you, then it's okay if you make up your own explanation of what I drew.  Just one more side after this.

I was asked if the stick people represented Derek and me.  Not really, I just felt like drawing stick people who were wearing hats!

I guess you can tell how old Derek is turning!  He is now old enough to live in a 55 and older neighborhood!



Derek's birthday is on Cinco de Mayo (May 5) and it's been a while since then.  We obviously did something, but I'm afraid I'm a little vague on what we did!  I think we had his birthday dinner on Sunday, and I took these pictures on his actual birthday.  I got fun plates and then we didn't really eat what I had planned and everyone just had whatever they wanted.  He didn't even get dessert.  The candles are stuck in frosting.  Maybe I'll make his more traditional birthday dessert when it's a hot day.  Homemade peach ice cream is best eaten on a warm day -- in my opinion -- but we'll eat it any day really.

I am super thankful for Derek who has a great sense of humor and who works really hard and taking care of his family in all of the ways he can.  We all love him!

No comments: