Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Celebrate!




 At our house we have people that love to make goals, usually the one or two word kind, and we have those who are anti-goals.  They are NOT anti-progress but for their own reasons they do not enjoy goals.  I pick a new goal every year, and sometimes if I quit enjoying or progressing on the goal I chose, I pick another one, even if it is the middle of the year.  This year I chose Home and Hospitality, but there are so many words that can be chosen!

Kayli read  a book where the author (Sadie Robertson) chose for her one word goal the word "Celebrate"!  She wanted to celebrate the fact that God is good.  I really like this idea.  It is a way to deliberately take the time to be grateful for the good things, and to be joyful about them.  It is a chance to realize that God likes us to celebrate the gifts we are given.  He wants us to have joy!

On Sunday, while teaching Sunday school I told the youth that I am pretty sure that if we understood what it really means to be redeemed and what a great gift this is we would all be happier.  We would rejoice more, and beat ourselves up less.  We would give ourselves grace like God does, and be happier to learn the truth about how we could do better.

So this year I have added "Celebrate" to my "Home and Hospitality" goal.  And, even if you are anti-goal, it might be fun to take at least a day and try to notice all of the things that God has given us to celebrate! 

No comments: