Sunday, January 23, 2022

Our House: The Main Floor

This picture was taken right inside the front door.
Welcome to our home!

If you ignore the piano room on the left (because it is messy so the barn doors are closed) and you walk forward and take your first left -- you will find the coat closet on the left, and the master bedroom on the right.

Same room.  Different view.

Yet another same room.

This is the view through the master bath to the master closet.  There is a shower behind the door on the right and a nice tub you can sort of see after that.  On the left are two sinks and a toilet room.  In the closet are clothes and books, and other random things.

If you walk straight in from the front door you get to the "great room".  The barn doors above go to the game room.  Notice we have a basketball hoop we can play with -- mostly when Teddy is gone because he loves to play too -- which is not good for our sort of basketballs.  

This is the view from the family room part of the "great room".  This is Mount Loafer.  We watch birds, including turkeys, and deer through these windows.  It's our very own nature channel!

This is our dining room.  I love it!  There is plenty of room for the table to be its largest all of the time so we are ready for guests always, and we still have room to see through and walk out the sliding doors without anything being in the way!  It also has a view on three sides.  What's not to like?

This is our kitchen.  I absolutely love the countertops and pretty much everything really.  Derek and I put in the backsplash over Christmas break.

This is the office / sun room right off the kitchen and dining room.  I have pretty much taken it over and it is one of my favorite places to hang out.  It is where I am creating this blog!  I redid the chair and the bench for a fun project.

This is the family room looking towards the stairs and the coat closet.

The laundry room is great.  On the wall opposite of this picture all of the brooms, mops, and dustpans are hanging.  Almost.  We somehow ended up with extra brooms and dustpans at our new house so some are downstairs or in the garage.  The closet  next to the washer and holds cleaning supplies, and other stuff.

The cupboards with the cow handles are in the mud room area across from the entry to the garage.  The 1/2 bath is decorated by a picture Tia gave me for Christmas a few years ago (she did it with a paint by numbers and I am impressed that she was willing to give me something she worked so hard on!).  I found the rug to match:-)

This is the piano room.  Part of it really.  We've been quarantining for quite a while and the red couch in the piano room has been a sleeping area for poor Derek who got the miserable Covid.  This picture gets a few of the dirty kleenex but I didn't think you needed to see them all!

I added this because you can see the arm of the red couch in the piano room.  I thought I had already taken a picture of the whole thing -- but I can't find it!

When we are done with quarantine and everyone heads off to work again I can more easily get pictures of the upstairs rooms.  I can give you a couple of the unfinished basement and -- of course -- one day the yard won't be muddy and I'll head out to get updated pictures of the outside of the house.  Mine are all old.  I hope this was somewhat helpful to those who haven't been here.  You are always welcome -- when we aren't quarantining.

No comments: