Monday, January 1, 2024

Love, A Word For Every Moment

Photo by Luana Azevedo on Unsplash
Not so long ago I was at the library for the second time of the day.  It was near dinner time and I was waiting for our van to get new tires.  The day had been good, but I was tired and wasn't having an easy time finding interest in anything.  I believe that we can talk to Heavenly Father any time, and I asked Him to guide me to a book that would be helpful to me.  I found "The Joy In Loving: A Guide to Daily Living With Mother Teresa".  It was a brief history of her life and 365 quotes from her teachings.  I found it so inspiring!  

Mother Teresa (Saint Teresa of Calcutta) was a little woman, from a small family, who learned about loving others in various ways including the example of her Mother.  She decided at age 12 to give her life to Jesus and at age 18 left her home to become a postulate in Italy in preparation to becoming a nun.  She made an incredible impact on the world through love.  Love as an action, and a choice.  She treated everyone as if they were Jesus in need.  It was hard.  She saw horrible things and sometimes wondered if God cared, but she chose to keep believing that He did and to keep loving.

I do not expect to become the new Mother Teresa, but this year the word I choose to ponder, and practice is love.  It is an ambitious choice as every goal I've ever had would fit under this heading!  I intend to bring any readers along to see what I am pondering, doing, learning, and experiencing.  I have a poetry blog called Poetry That Sings that I will be working on every other day, and Sunday will be a day to rest in the knowledge that Heavenly Father and Jesus love me, no matter how imperfect my offering!

Love is my word of the year, but truly it is always a word to ponder, and act on, every moment we can.

No comments: