Monday, April 20, 2020

Maple Canyon on a Stormy Saturday

Dan kept climbing up.  The rocks were wet and slippery so I was working hard at not worrying.
Thankfully he was fine.

I assure you that the ice looked awesome in person.  It's not so impressive in the picture.

I wish I had taken more of these two because this one is blurry!  It's cute blurry, but would have been better if it wasn't!  Connor's hair is fun, and he forgot a jacket.  It was really quite chilly!

I tried to get Jake and Kayli to turn around.  Jake said, "I'll pass".
Teddy and Chewy came too.

This is Dan.  Up again.  It was farther up than this picture looks.


Me and Derek.  I set a timer and walked 10 minutes in and 10 back out.  I was trying not to hurt my leg more since I keep overdoing it and making it hurt.  I got back to the van just as the hail started.

I read my story in the van while the rest of the family hiked in a little farther and then ended up coming back in the hail and rain.  Still, it was good to have an adventure on a Saturday!
 
On the way there and back there were sheep, sheep everywhere!  We would roll down the windows and smell the stink, and smile at the chorus of baas ,and ooooo and ah at the little lambs.

No comments: