Monday, April 26, 2021

God's Kindness

My self assigned scripture to memorize for April is Isaiah 54:10.  This is a favorite of mine because of a song by Rob Gardner called "My Kindness Shall Not Depart From Thee".  

For the mountains shall depart, and the hills be removed; but my kindness shall not depart from thee, neither shall the covenant of my peace be removed, saith the Lord that hath mercy on thee."

I have tried to be perfect.  It doesn't work. But no matter how many times I fail, God is kind.  He has mercy.  I get to try again.  I might even be getting slightly better at not beating myself up before giving myself a little grace too.  Slightly:-)  Knowing that I have a loving Father in Heaven and a loving Savior helps me to get up and keep going.  I am thankful for their love and kindness, and for their ever present mercy. 

**Photo by Sixteen Miles Out on Unsplash

Sixteen Miles Out on Unsplash

No comments: