Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Spring Break(s)

Me, Dan, Trisa, Kayli and Jake

The first full week of April was spring break for Dan (who is in 9th grade) and Trisa (who teaches Kindergarten).  Derek and I got our 2nd Covid shots on Tuesday and so Wednesday was not a good Spring break day!  

Monday we were able to help celebrate Tia's birthday.  Tuesday I took Dan to the library.  Thursday was our adventure.  All of those who live here, minus Derek who was still feeling yucky and working anyway, went to the Loveland Living Planet Aquarium.  I totally stank at taking pictures.  Kayli took the one above and I took the two below.  I've been there a couple of times before with Dan and I think so many things are awesome that I just didn't bother taking pictures.  Instead I decided Derek needed to come with me and see for himself another time (and thus it got added to my 54 before 54 list -- see post from the 14th).  



I really enjoyed looking at all of the creatures and the jungle.  I even somewhat enjoyed watching people who spent so much time taking selfies that I wondered if they actually saw the sharks they were posing in front of!  

This past week was Kayli's Spring break.  The weather is less cooperative.  There were impressively dark clouds, rain, hail, and some really loud thunder!  We went for a walk on the Spanish Fork River trail (not in the rain) and painted pottery at the Color Me Mine.  We got smoothies too.  Mmmm.  The rest of her Spring Break was left to her since Derek and I took off and left her with Jake and Dan.  I was glad to be included in the days I was here!

1 comment:

Patricia Stankey said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time. What stuck out to me was “you took Dan to the library”! Our libraries have been closed since March 2020. I am always amazed at what Mike says he and Tia are allowed to do in Utah.