Friday, April 7, 2023

Good Friday -- For You and Me!

 

Photo by Duncan Sanchez on Unsplash

Last night I was thinking about Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane asking His Father if there was another way to save me; another way to save all of us than the pain and suffering ahead of Him.  He asked, but He knew that there was not another way and He chose to move forward with Heavenly Father's plan and become our Savior.

Today I think of Him willingly letting people mock Him, and scourge Him, and nail Him to a cross without giving in to what surely must have been at least a little tempting -- showing them dramatically who He really was and refusing to save them.  But, despite it all, He loved them and He also had all of us to take into account.  I do not comprehend how exactly it works, but I have learned over the years that Jesus would have been willing to go thought the suffering even if it was only me that needed saving.  

When I am hurting, afraid, frustrated, sad, lonely, happy, joyful, tired, energetic, helpful, thoughtful, thoughtless, and all of the other adjectives that could describe me at any given moment, I am still perfectly loved by my Savior, and so are you.  That is why today is Good Friday.  Today Jesus chose to do the ultimate good thing and save us from sin, and death.

"Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.  But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was  bruised for our iniquities:  the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed."  Isaiah 53: 4-5 KJV

I hope today you will truly feel the perfect love of our Savior.  Jesus. The truly Good. 

No comments: