Tuesday, April 18, 2023

I'm Rich In ....

 Sometimes, just to remind myself of my blessings, I like to announce what I am rich in.  Generally when I am stating what I am "rich in", I am not talking about monetary value, but about things or people that help me to enjoy life, and to remember joy, laughter, and the fact that I am loved.

I am obviously rich in puppets since this isn't even all of them and this is a really BIG basket!
(5$ from Deseret Industries thrift store -- I am rich in D.I. treasures!)

The other day I sent out a text with this picture to show my children how rich they would be in Puppet inheritance one day.  That just got me more puppets since Connor brought his for me to use and keep.

I am fairly rich in instruments, including a couple of harmonicas that I forget I have and might want to get out and try just for fun.

Most importantly though, I am rich in good family and friends and even good acquaintances.  This past weekend my sister Tina came to visit with her son Caleb (who is Dan's "twin" cousin -- they were born the same day).  It was so fun to have her here and we spent a couple of hours on Saturday making aprons since I wanted her help reading the pattern and I happened to have 2 aprons cut out.  We also went to see a play, went for a walk, and had good chats.   Tina is awesome!

Tina and Me.  She made her apron for cooking and I made mine for gardening.
Every time I am with her lately somebody asks me if she's my daughter.
She's my older sister and luckily for me, I think it's pretty funny that people think I am THAT much older!

I am rich in many things, but most importantly, like each of you, I am rich because God loves me.
What else are you rich in?
Picture by Caleb.  I think its kind of fun that Jesus is behind me :-)

No comments: