Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Being Excessively Sorry

This is a picture I took so we could wish our nephew a happy birthday.
When I apologize excessively it is usually to Derek who
kindly reminds me that I am not responsible for everything.
Last evening I realized that I was apologizing a lot.  What was I doing wrong?  Well, really I was not having as much energy I wanted, and so I wasn't doing all I thought I should do, and so I felt I was letting people down.  Who was I really letting down?  Only me.  Were my expectations for myself a little ridiculous?  Probably.  Did I keep doing things when I didn't need to?  Of course.  Did I ask for help?  Yes, I did a couple of times.  Yay me!  Should I have asked for more?  Definitely.

I think that I apologize excessively less than I used to, and I am thankful that realizing I was apologizing too much gave me a clue that I needed to rest.  I was smart enough to climb in my bed a little early and stop worrying over little things that don't matter.  Now I just need to figure out how to have more reasonable expectations all of the time, and to more consistently ask for help instead of trying to do so many things by myself! 

No comments: