Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Possibilities

Sometimes, when we are stuck, it is hard to see how it is possible
to become unstuck!

I love the word possibilities.  A few years ago when I was feeling stuck in some way I went to talk to a friend who always seemed to have a unique way of looking at things, or at least a way I hadn't thought of.  When I talked to her I could see possibilities.  I could see ways to think or do something differently.  Talking to her helped me see that there were ways to become unstuck, and would get me moving away from whatever thought, emotion or situation was causing a problem.

This past weekend was the General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  As I thought about possibilities, I realized that the reason I look forward to Conference every 6 months is because it is full of possibilities.  The possibility to get a better perspective, to understand something that seemed unclear, or to get direction that I may not have even realized I needed.  There is the possibility that I will hear music that will strengthen my faith, and stir my soul.  In General Conference I get to hear what Jesus wants me to hear, and to feel how very much He loves me. 

Just like I am thankful for my friend, who had a gift for helping me see things differently, and in what I felt was a better way, I am thankful for General Conference which never fails to help me feel God's love, and to find ways I can draw closer to Him.

**Photo by Tomas Tuma on Unsplash

No comments: