Sunday, April 7, 2019

My Daughter Tia

Tia and Lucy
I am writing this on Tia's birthday.  April 6th.  Twenty Six years ago Tia was born.  Like all of my other children, she was scheduled to be born via c-section.  Unlike all of my other children, I was required to have a amniocentesis before her birth.  She is also the only child whose gender I didn't know in advance.

Tia on her first birthday.
Tia was my littlest baby at first, and then she got bigger.  She started out as my worst sleeper ever, and then turned into the best at naps!  She has always, always loved music.  If life was not going like she wanted, a song could often help her feel better.  She is like her Mom in that way!

Tia, over time, became very good at a lot of things.  She became good at laughing, at reading, and at playing the piano.  She became a good friend, and a good example.  She became good at listening, and at caring about people.  She became good telling stories, and at writing them.  She became good at keeping many people's hair looking beautiful or handsome.  She became good at moving forward when things were hard, and life seemed unfair and lonely.

Tia has dealt with hard things.  She had good friends who ended up not being so good to her.  She deals with the anxiety that everybody in my family has in some form.  She has sometimes struggled with what she should do next, and how to deal with the hard things in life, including having her husband go off to basic training for 5 months shortly after their marriage, but I believe she has done it all with an incredible amount of grace!

I love so, so many things about Tia.  I love that her siblings are her friends.  I love that she can pull laughter from people, and can help others feel important, and comfortable in her presence.  I am very thankful that Tia is a part of our family.  She is creative, fun, loving, kind, and intelligent.  Home is better with a Tia!!!  I love her.
Two year old Tia.
Tia the dancer turns 3!

Trisa and Tia in an
awkward family photo :-)

Tia and Derek.  Not turning 3
even though there are only 3
candles!


Tia with her long time faithful stuffed animal companions.


No comments: