Monday, April 15, 2019

Easter Week: Tuesday -- Pride and Preparation

Herod's Temple
Used by permission from churchofJesusChrist.org
On the Tuesday of Easter week Christ taught more in the temple, and the Jewish leaders desperately tried to trap Him in His words.  They were afraid of losing their power to Christ.  They liked being important.  They liked being able to think they were right.  Money was more important to them than sanctification, and they were more worried that all of the little details of the Law of Moses were kept than about understanding the meaning of the law.

I have sometimes read the scriptures where these leaders try to trap Jesus and I have chuckled at how easily He understands what they are up to.  They get what is coming to them!  But there are also times when I realize that I fall into similar traps that lead me away from Christ.  I have cared too much what others think.  I have thought more about what I want than what others need.  I have worried more about keeping every rule than on learning why they were made, and acting out of love.

art by Harry Anderson
used by permission from
churchofJesusChrist.org
On Tuesday of Easter week Jesus also taught about His second coming.  He gave parables about preparation, letting us know that we need to fill our lamps with oil, and improve our talents.  On this Tuesday of Easter week, I want to consider pride, and where it might have snuck into my life unnoticed.  I want to ask "What lack I yet?" and then I want to be willing to act on what I learn.  I want to admit that I am wrong if my will is not aligning with the will of my Savior.  In short, I want to let go of pride, and be prepared for the time when I will see Jesus again.

1 comment:

Happy Mom said...

I love this post! I want to be prepared too, and pay more attention to what He taught in those final days of His life!