Tuesday, November 24, 2020

A Compassionate Brother

 We go for a lot of walks.  Sometimes we don't make it out.  Sometimes we go twice.  Sometimes all of us go.  Sometimes just some.  One day when we went, Dan was required to come, but the walk was much longer than he hoped for and he started having some pain -- I can't remember where -- maybe a foot.  We tried to bed sympathetic, and hoped he'd not be too miserable before he got home, but otherwise didn't do anything -- not even stop for a break.  But pretty soon I looked over and Jake was giving Dan a ride on his back.  I didn't think to take a picture soon enough.  Jake carried Dan uphill much longer than I thought he would.

Here he was just putting him down.  Dan was thankful for Jake mentioning what a good brother he is, and as the Mom of both boys, I am thankful that they get along (not that they don't argue, and Jake does like to tease Dan into getting frustrated like a "normal" brother), but they spend time together and are good friends even though they are 4 and 1/2 years different in age.

I love Jake.  He just quietly goes about doing good things.  


No comments: