Sunday, November 8, 2020

Park City With Derek

Derek and I had on the calendar for quite a while a trip to Park City.  When Dan asked why we were going I told him it was a late birthday trip, but it really was just some time with Derek that I really, really wanted.  Time away.  Our lives are good.  We have good kids, and a nice place to stay, but I really do love having Derek to myself sometimes!  The weather was beautiful (It was the weekend of Oct. 10).

       Derek and me in front of a random waterfall somewhere in Park City.

This was taken in a Halloween Store for the benefit (?) of our kids who hate clowns.
We watched some people practicing ski jumps into a pool.  It was pretty cool!  You can see someone flying upside down in this picture.
We found this little cemetery by accident and enjoyed walking around.  Most of the graves were quite old, but there were a few newer ones.


This was a picture of a wire / rock wall in case we ever want to try to build one.  They did a good job on this one!
We stopped at this little lake in Midway on the way home, and then Derek stopped at BYU duck pond because I wasn't quite done with vacation yet and wanted to chat.  We don't have a picture of that.

Every now and then, it really is nice to get away from the every day routine.  I like routines, but I like to change things up sometimes!


No comments: