Thursday, November 12, 2020

Our Trip to St. George

Towards the end of October we went to St. George and stayed in the "St. George House" that belongs to Derek's parents.  It was a good break and we got to see a lot of family members.  The weather was lovely, and sometimes it is just good to get away.  I didn't take a ton of pictures, but I did take some!

I love this picture except Laura couldn't be in it because she was taking this picture.
We went to play pickle ball on Saturday morning but there was a tournament and so we walked over to the sand volleyball court and a lot of us played that.  I walked Brandon and Laura's dog.  Or maybe she walked me.
This is out of order.  We met my parents and Ray and Lori at a park in the evening to have dinner.  We had just gone to see Ray and Lori's building lot.  This is my Dad with Trisa's dog Chewy.  My Dad and Mom spent the day painting a neighbor's house because she couldn't afford to do it and it needed to be done.  My parents are always super thoughtful and love to help any way they can.  There were other neighbors helping and a couple of younger people came to do the high parts of the house, including my brother Ray.  My Dad loves being on ladders, and I still remember him hanging from rafters when he was working on building our A-Frame house in KY, but eventually the years catch up to all of us -- though if nobody was looking I'm sure he would have climbed right up the ladder.
This is Jenny and Kayli at Contact Climbing Gym which is being built by Jenny and Jeff and their partners who I don't really know.  It's fun to have entrepreneurs in the family so we can get an inside look at the climbing gym / yoga studio before it opens!
Oops.  This is a blurry one of Kayli, Teddy, Trisa and Chewy

This place is really huge!  On the blue extention thing (?) was Jeff, Derek, Dan, and Jake -- way up near the ceiling!

You can see the people better in this picture.
This is Chewy, Jenny, Kayli and Teddy.   The climbing walls got started being built on my birthday.  I didn't get a picture of the actual wooden part of the wall that was going up.  They are much farther along now.  I also didn't get a picture of Jenny's Yoga studio.  She and Jeff had worked hard and put in the floor themselves.  Jenny will be running the yoga studio, and will have a Yoga Teacher Certification program too.  I'm always impressed with this sister of mine!

It was nice that Derek's parents let us stay in their house so that we could have a little break in the sunshine and see lots of family.  I also missed out on a picture of Quinn and Tonya's family who we had dinner with on Friday night.  They put tables outside with tablecloths and we had spaghetti.  It was tasty and we always enjoy our time with them!

No comments: