Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Halloween 2020

Derek has been working from home since March, and so when he was required to dress up for a work meeting in honor of Halloween, we got to see him!

Tia gave Derek the wookie suit a few years ago and it came in handy this year!  Teddy is in the picture because he loves hanging out with Derek:-)

Dan wanted to be a muppet this year.  He wanted the mouth to move.  He was so pumped to make this costume.   Then he sat on the couch and played a game while I tried to figure out how to make a muppet with the cloth we found at D.I..  Sigh.  He wore the costume for about five minute.  It took me a lot longer than that to make it, and I was kind of grumpy that day, but it turned out kind of fun.

We had a ward trunk or treat Halloween afternoon.  It was fun to see happy kids.  Then we had chili and scones and hot citrus.  Derek, thankfully, helped make the chili so that wasn't too bad, and I actually liked it!  I'm not a fan of beans, but we used black beans and pinto beans and apparently it's the kidney beans I really don't like.  All in all it was a happy Halloween where we actually used all of our Halloween candy up!

No comments: