Friday, February 16, 2024

A Fantastic Friday

 

Today was a fun day for me.  I had left our Jerusalem Village on top of the television armoire after Christmas.  I liked it there, but I finally decided that I would take it down because I had an idea of how to replace it.  So, I bought some fake grass and put up some of my fairy garden stuff and my wolves that usually go outside plus a nice rustic picture I found at The Painted Tree yesterday.

Before I could do that I had to wash off the wolves, repaint the fairies, and put a grass roof on a wooden cottage.  I also worked on fixing and repainting a house my Mom painted for me that has been outside for two summers.  Every year the sun pretty much destroys my fairy houses and fades everything and I try to restore them the best I can.
An even nicer part of the day was when Jenny (my sister) called and so Derek and I went off to meet them, and Charlie and Emma (nephew and niece-in-law) for dinner in Payson.  What a nice surprise!  It was so fun to get to see and visit with them!

After dinner Derek and I hurried off to a ball game at Salem Hills High School to watch the last boys high school home game of the year.  Derek's cousin Phil's son plays and when we go we get to see a few relatives and friends.  What fun!  Even better, Salem won!

Now we are home and Trisa is here to help celebrate Jake's birthday (again) this weekend.  I am so grateful that we have so many good people in our lives.  Getting to see and/or visit with good friends and relatives is definitely a blessing.

No comments: