Monday, February 5, 2024

Creating With Our Creator

It's gray and rainy outside, and there are clouds obscuring the tops of the mountains.  The lower part of the mountain is brown, and the upper part is white with dark evergreens.  I can see birds flying around, but the Elk that were on the ridge across the way on Saturday and the deer that ran across the hill that same morning are hiding somewhere in the trees.  It's an interesting combination of barren and beautiful.  

Yesterday I was thinking again about the creativity of the Great Creator (Jesus).  There are such a wide variety of landscapes, and the one out my window is constantly changing!  There are multitudes of different plants, animals, and bugs.  There are the oceans that are full of plants and creatures that I find a bit creepy, probably because I am not used to them.  There are mountains, valleys, sand dunes, flat desserts, rivers, streams, and oceans (among other things).  

I imagine that Jesus enjoyed creating the world and I get joy in creating little things.  Blogs, music, order, paintings, drawings, and even baked goods.  I like fixing things that are broken, or making them look new again if they are a bit worn.  I like decorating to make things look nice and rearranging things to give them a new look.  I like planting things and watching as they go from a little seed or plant to something a lot bigger.  

I think that we were all meant to enjoy creating in some way.  Whether we are creating stories, houses, cars, fairy gardens, wooden furniture, or anything else, it is a way for us to be close to the Great Creator Himself.  It is a way to be inspired, and to find joy in the gifts we've been given.  I am thankful today for the chances I have to use some of my time creating things that I enjoy!




Something I created before Christmas out of the D.I. purchase above.

No comments: