Friday, February 9, 2024

Wacky Weather Report

Photo by Xiang Gao on Unsplash
Our snow looked like this, but I didn't take any new snow pictures today.

Today there were moments when I would look out the window and see fog.  Other moments I looked out the window and saw lots of snow coming down.  Out of curiosity I wanted to see what Alexa (of Amazon fame) thought the weather was.  When I asked she said, "It is 36 degrees and rainy.  You can expect snow flurries later today.  

Fast forward a bit and Derek taught Dan and I how to use the snow blower.  We blew off 4 or 5 inches of snow as more snow fell on the driveway behind us.  Then Dan and I went on an adventure to the new Spanish Fork Library and out for a treat.  It snowed big flakes the whole time we were driving there and back and we slid around the last couple of corners on the way home.

Derek and I were going to go on a date today but I suggested we go tomorrow because I really was done with being out in the snow.  Derek looked outside and said "Wow the driveway needs to be cleared again".  He blew off as much snow as we had done the first time!   

Sometimes Alexa is right about the weather, but looking out the window is usually a better measure of what is really going to happen, and for sure is better at seeing what IS really happening!  I am thankful for the snow even if I was tired of being in it.  It brings moisture and beauty!

No comments: