Saturday, March 21, 2020

A Week Of Social Distancing

My selfies almost always include a part of my hand.
Kayli still has to actually go to work and sometimes she wants a picture of her dog.
I assume she wants one of me too :-)
Hi all.  How has your week been?  My "social distancing" is a lot more full of people than during "normal" days since I usually have the house to myself a lot of the time.  Now I share it with family members all day every day!  It's good that I love my family!  I get stir crazy though.  I mean -- if I turn on the television I am interrupting home school and if I play an instrument I might be serenading people from Derek's work!  If I use my Chromebook I might keep Jake from finishing up homework.  And -- I really just don't want to cook and I apparently should have waited and cleaned all of the closets after we were all stuck at home.

I just got to wondering if I should feel guilty for going to Walmart?  I can't bring myself to stand outside in line at Costco so that's not a temptation.  I'll pick up those pictures I have waiting for me another time.  We eat a lot of cereal, which I usually order online from Walmart anyway, but cereal requires milk of some variety, and I get that at Walmart.  It's possible that I am hoping to run into a friend by accident, or maybe just have something different to look at.

I'll catch you up on the pictures of some of the things we've done.
When Derek was in Orlando last week I got him a "new" tie hanger.  It has duck heads on both sides.  For some reason it struck my funny bone.  It does do a good job of holding the ties too.  No more falling off when we open the closet door!

On a warm day I started painting my table.  It's not done yet.
I'm sure more warm days are coming, and I like the color.


Connor has been here for spring break.  He has to go back to take care of some responsibilities for church this weekend even though his school is online.  People were in our room visiting at night.

Naturally Jake refused to look at me and I assume he didn't smile either, but there was no way for me to see. 

We had to cut down our once beautiful tree because it was diseased and we couldn't get it better.  Connor and Jake, and Derek (after frustrating meetings) could be found out chopping at the trunk's roots trying to get it out.

Here they are again.  They both have impressive blisters from using a hatchet on this.
Jake and Connor got the trunk out on Friday!
Teddy stood by waiting for someone to play ball with him.

This morning we loaded the truck and trailer with the tree, the branches from pruning other trees, a bag of leaves I collected another day, and a mattress.  You don't have to tiptoe through the branches in the back yard anymore!  Our yard might look better than ever after a while of social distancing!
I hope that you aren't going crazy at your house and are finding good things to do.  We've got Scooby Doo on television, Tia is braiding Kayli's hair, and Derek and Jake are getting ready to haul off the piles of sticks that have been hanging out in our yard for weeks.  Happy Saturday!

No comments: