Thursday, March 12, 2020

Panic. Where Has All The TP Gone?

Teddy is genuinely terrified of thunder.  He panics. 
So I got lots of snuggle time during the storm Wednesday.
I will admit that I keep forgetting to panic about the Caronavirus.  When I do remember I am "supposed" to panic, I still am having a hard time panicking.  Could I or someone I love get the virus?  Yes.  Could one of us die from it?  Yes. But right now we are all well and today the sun was shining. 

Still, I feel sorry for those who do feel panic.  At physical therapy a lady said that her sister had called to say "I love you" just in case she (the one who called) dies.  She wasn't sick.  But you never know.  Truly, even without the Caronavirus you never know.

I went to the bank today to get a little cash.  I asked for $50 and was told that $50 was the smallest amount anyone had asked for all day.  So, money is flying out of banks, and medicine and toilet paper are flying out of stores, and events are cancelled, and church is cancelled.  We are doing our best to be safe and to be prepared.  I do wonder why the focus on toilet paper.  I mean.  I understand you don't want to do without that, but if we might die, maybe we should make a run on cookies and ice cream so we can die happy, or carrots and celery sticks so we can at least claim to have eaten healthy once before our time came.

I really hope that we all stay well, or get better if we get sick.  But until we are struck with sickness, and really even if we get struck with sickness, I think it would be wise to focus on the good we can do, the love we can give, and the blessings that are ours -- including whatever tp we have managed to horde.

2 comments:

Happy Mom said...

I love this post! Haha! What great advice to hoard treats so you can die happy! 😂 I’ll admit I’m not very afraid of the virus even though bad things could happen. But I was pretty sad yesterday at the things that got canceled. My heart hurts for people who’ve done lots of preparing for events and now can’t perform or attend! But, think of the fun everyone can have with each other at home!

Mike said...

The toilet paper shelf in Harlan's Wal-Mart has been wiped out!LOL! People like me do need a healthy supply of TP on hand so we had to go hoarding a little ourselves. It does beat dragging your butt in the yard like an ol dog!LOL. Love ya Cuz,y'all be safe and try to dodge the corona!