Saturday, May 4, 2013

My Thursday / Friday Adventure

BYU Women's Conference! 
Therefore, continue your journey, and let your hearts rejoice; for behold, and lo, I am with you even unto the end.                Doctrine and Covenants 100:12

Here are some of the best things about Conference this year (for me):

1.  My sisters-in-law.  Laura and Mandy were with me on Thursday and Angela and Tanya joined us on Friday.  They are good company, and easy to get along with.  It was fun to spend time with them with no kids to interrupt!

2.  The instant choir.  Laura braved the super early hour of 5:45 a.m. Thursday morning when we left home to practice for the choir that was performing in the 9:00 a.m. session.  We were in our seats before the appointed hour of 6:30 a.m.!  We enjoyed it, and thought it was a great experience -- but not great enough to want to get up that early next year!

3.  Stories.  I love it when presenters tell stories.  I particularly enjoyed one about a boy who made a difference my making a hobby out of making friends.  Sounds fun!

4.  Sunshine.  In between sessions we walked in the beautiful sunshine.

5.  Pho Noodles.  We have a sign above our pantry that says, "Christensens Try New Things".  I made the sign but don't like to do what it says.  However, I decided to be brave and eat what Mandy and Laura were eating.  It was messy while standing in line, but it tasted good.  I dripped broth all over the ground but luckily missed Mandy's head while she was sitting on the steps.

6.  When one of the speakers was a bit soothing and I got super sleepy in the Marriott Center, I did not fall forward!

7.  The concert.  Thursday night Laura and I stayed for the concert which went until about 10:15.  We were sleepy but the music was beautiful.

8.  Good ideas and the opportunity to feel the spirit.  There were many good presenters, including President Eyring.  I even had my brush with fame as I almost ran into Michelle King as I came out of the restroom.  I was surprised and said something like, "Good talk today" and then spent an hour or so thinking that I hadn't sounded enthusiastic enough (I wasn't prepared!) and that I hope she wasn't feeling bad about that.  I overthink things regularly:)

9.  P.F. Changs with Laura, Mandy, and Angela.  Good food and continued good company.  Trying something new means I didn't like mine as well.  Orange Peel Beef is not my new favorite, but Derek, Connor and Jake love it!

10.  Safe travel and a family who was happy to see me home.

*Picture of the Marriott Center is from Google images.  I was in the blue seats when I was sleepy.

2 comments:

Saimi said...

How fun! I confess I have yet to see this years woman's conference. All is not lost, I can at least get it on the internet!

Michelle said...

Maybe next year I can join you. So glad you ladies had an uplifting time together.