Monday, October 29, 2018

Pictures and an Events That Don't Match

There are a few things I have done that I failed to get pictures for, and a few pictures that there really isn't a lot to say about.  Since I dislike posting without a picture, I will just combine the two!

One of these eggs is not like the others!
My back yard neighbor has some chickens and was being overrun by eggs and so she shared some with us.  The large one had a double yoke.

Event with no picture:  I had an Orchestra concert on October 13th at the Angelos Theater.  Derek's parents and Derek and Jake were nice to come and support me.  I did not feel well!  I had one of those headaches that hurts worse when you blow, and that isn't good when you play a wind instrument!  I was doubling on the 1st flute part and so I felt like they didn't really need me, and then when my companion player missed her solo, I panicked and didn't back her up and play it instead.  The missed solo threw the whole orchestra off!  I worked hard all during the concert not to put myself down, because I always play worse if I goof and tell myself I can't play very well!  Nerves are bad enough without feeling demoralized too!  Thankfully, our playing did improve with every song, but we all felt like we were a bit under-rehearsed and therefore unprepared.  I did enjoy some of the music though, and I was happy to go home!

Yummy Snack!
This was my afternoon snack one day.  I took a picture because it reminded me of Connor.  He loves whipped cream!

Derek and Jake and the peaches

These are some of the peaches we bought this year.  We took this picture for Jake's cousin Haven because she loves peaches.  We tried to convince her to come over and get some, but since she lives in St. George, it wasn't really convenient!

Another unmatching "event":  A visit with cousin Ricki
Derek's cousin Ricki came to this area from Texas to attend Uncle Paul's funeral.  She took an afternoon to come down here to visit.  I ended up driving her and Derek's parents around to see some family sites.  We went to the graveyard, Derek and Ricki's grandparent's house, the lot where the cows used to be kept, the house where Uncle Paul's wife Bonnie grew up, the city park where Grandpa C. used to direct band concerts, and my house.  Ricki was my kind and sympathetic Cancer buddy.  She had cancer and cancer treatments at the same time as me.  We both decided to treat ours differently (I had a lumpectomy, and radiation and she chose a mastectomy).  She thinks my treatment was harder and I think hers was!  Either way, we have survived and are moving on!
Ricki!  I didn't have a picture for this visit, but I decided to get one from Facebook.
Ricki is sweet!


No comments: