Thursday, October 25, 2018

While We Were Away ...

Dan played in a soccer tournament.  He decided he wanted to play this year, and he did very well, though he missed a few practices and games due to the bad air from the fire affecting his breathing (Boo! to asthma!). 
This picture I took a picture of was taken by Russ at Memory Lane Photography
Dan's team made it to the championship game!  They were tied when time was up and lost by one in double overtime.  My Mom said that Dan did very well.  Both of his Grandmas were there to watch.  I know Dan enjoyed the game because he told me about it when I got home.

I'm glad that Dan decided to play.  I was a little skeptical that he'd enjoy it.  That's a lot of running for asthma boy and he was smaller than everyone on his team.  He did well though.  I am thankful that Desiree was willing to coach.  She was good with the kids and got right out there with them at practice. She taught my girls piano lessons a long time ago and it was fun to see her again.

No comments: