Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Do You Want To Build A Snowman?

Jake and Derek with our snow creations.

Snow Pig, and Snowman
It seems to me that it takes energy to be happy.  I have also heard that it takes using energy to get energy.  On Sunday after church I was feeling sleepy.  I thought that maybe I should just lie down, but it had snowed, and the snow was good packing snow, and I wanted to build a snowman.  I almost let sleepiness win, but I thought I would regret it and so I went and started getting my boots and coat on.

I told Dan I wanted to build a snowman and he said, "I don't!"   Derek might not have wanted to either, but he came out with me and helped me.  Then Jake came and made huge snowballs, and I made a snow pig (that was supposed to be a dog) and I tried to turn Derek's next big snowball, with mine on top, into a duck.  All the while Teddy the dog was running around (he's fast!) looking super happy.

I had so much fun!  I so often do not choose the activity because I feel tired, and it seems too hard.  I am rather proud of myself for choosing to be fun (I told the kids to write about it in their journals) and so thankful that Derek and Jake came outside too.  That activity woke me up, and I felt so happy!  That energy lasted the whole rest of the day!  I hope I will remember to more often choose activity -- not just to get energy -- but to make memories.
Teddy happily running

Derek next to his big snowball

Me and the "snow duck" that you really will have to use your imagination to see.
Just go ahead and believe it's the wrong camera angle :-)

Teddy and Jake.  I love this picture.

Jake and Teddy.  I love this one too because Jake is happy.
In the background Derek is probably trying to shore up the snowman
who is leaning towards the front.  I fully expect the snowman
to fall on his face sometime today.
Poor snowman.

No comments: