Thursday, March 21, 2019

The Happiest Part of Your Day

Trisa and a slightly panicked Tia on the swing set my Dad and Derek built.
It gave us many, many years of good service!

Yesterday at dinnertime Dan asked Jake and me (Derek was stuck in traffic) what the best part of our days had been.  This has been done a lot at our house over the years, and I am always thankful to be reminded that no matter how hard a day has been, or how long it has seemed, there is something to be grateful for.

Dan was grateful to learn some new skill in his computer coding class.  Jake was thankful that a friend came over and helped him disassemble our old swing set (may it rest in peace).  I was thankful to have recordings of Fixer Upper to watch while I folded piles of laundry.  It was like being in the presence of happy, creative friends -- which was appreciated on a day when I was tired, had a headache, and just didn't want to -- well just about anything!

Hooray for the happy moments that are hiding somewhere in our days if we look for them!
Connor swinging on the swing set once it was moved to our new house (1998)
All of the kids used the swing set.  I just don't know where those pictures are hiding!

No comments: