Friday, March 22, 2019

Orchestra Concert: The Gift of Smiles and Encouragement

Four flute players:  Maudie (who also plays piccolo), Jolie, Me, and Amber

On Sunday, after barely waking up from my accidental nap in time to get ready, I played in the Nebo Philharmonic Orchestra concert at the Springville Museum.  Not only did my awesome family come, including Derek's parents, but so did some friends.  I loved having people there to support me, who smiled, and were so kind.  I felt like they had all given me a great gift, and I am thankful.

I really am not the best flute player ever, but being in the orchestra has given me an opportunity to improve, and I generally work pretty hard to be able to play the songs we are given.  The encouragement I get from my family and friends helps keep me going, and makes playing in the concerts more fun.  I want to grow up to be more like the awesome people I know!

No comments: