Sunday, March 31, 2019

As A Human .... Dealing With Problems and Challenges

Used with permission from churchofjesuschrist.org

As a human, I often want everybody's problems to be solved quickly, especially those that I can see, and feel, including mine and my family's.  I'm sure I often just pray that they will go away -- and we will all feel good and happy.  It is normal to just want to feel better, to be better, and to not have to deal with hard things.

Once, when I was feeling overwhelmed and discouraged, and like life was really, really hard, I was given the counsel that some challenges and problems just take time.  That is true.  Unfortunately I often have in my mind exactly how long something "should" take to heal from, or to solve, and I get frustrated when that time comes and goes with very little progress seeming to have happened!

As a human, I need to remember that problems and challenges are the rule, and that I can allow them to break me, or I can learn and gain strength from dealing with them.  Instead of praying for problems and challenges to go away, it would serve me better to pray for courage, strength, and direction, and the ability to accept help from others if it is needed.  It is important that at all times I allow Christ to walk with me so that my burden can be light.

No comments: