Saturday, March 16, 2019

Speak and Act Out of Love

It is best to take our frustrations to the Lord and our love to the people. 
John Lund
Dan, Tia, Jake, Connor, Trisa, and Kayli in 2012
I'm thankful for every time I remembered to keep my mouth shut when I was frustrated
with any of these wonderful people!

When I get frustrated I can feel my whole body start to tense up and I can almost feel my frustrated thoughts trying to get out into the open.  If I don't stop myself from speaking when I'm frustrated, I regret it.  I am not very loving in those moments!

When Connor was in junior high and was having problems with anxiety, I would get anxious too, and frustrated that I didn't know how to help.  Then, when I spoke during that frustration Connor would say, "It doesn't help for you to get angry at me!"  I would then have to explain that I wasn't angry at him, just frustrated that I didn't know how to help him.  I'm sure that this explanation was never as good as the times that I waited through the frustration, and spoke consciously with love.

Connor got better as time went by, and I am convinced that one of the largest factors was that I got better at taking my frustrations to Heavenly Father, and speaking more calmly, from a place of love, to Connor.

No comments: