Monday, February 6, 2023

It's The Little Things

 Today I was tired and cranky and I just really didn't want to do anything.  Of course, there were plenty of things to do anyway.  As I was sitting on the couch working on fixing appointments that I had set over top of other scheduled things, I remembered that the water softener needed salt.  I mentioned it to Derek when we had guests, but I figured he probably forgot.  So, even though I shouldn't be lifting heavy salt bags, I headed down with the scissors thinking how careful I would be not to hurt myself :-).  Derek had remembered and filled up the softener and I was so thankful!  I let Teddy out for a few minutes and then we headed back upstairs.

Later, my beautiful Tia sent a picture of her and Brigham.  We had sent some bread home with them on Sunday.  Brigham liked it!  How could I not smile at that picture?

I was a bit cranky that I have to wait until the 15th to talk to the Doctor about my MRIs.  I just wanted to know what they said, and then I  remembered that there is a patient portal.  It turns out my reports were right there on the portal waiting for me!  It took a lot of time looking up all of the words, and I still don't know what the doctor will suggest we do about all of the things -- but at least I got to look at the report and try my best to interpret it!

Later, while folding the laundry I got to watch a new episode of Home Town.  I enjoyed that.

I finally decided to lie down with my electric blanket until Derek got home.  I was feeling a bit sorry for myself, but he came home and we went out to eat.  I found that my Magnolia magazine had arrived and we got to watch The Chosen with Kayli, Jake and Dan.  It left us hanging but I enjoyed it!

It really was a bit of a hard day for me, but obviously there were lots of happy things.  They may be little, but they seem big!

No comments: