Wednesday, February 1, 2023

The Pantry Project

 We've been in our house for over a year now and I realized that the cans in the pantry were scraping the paint off and so I thought I would belatedly put on shelf paper.  I'm sure my family is totally thrilled that I also rearranged the pantry while I was at it!

Here's the first shelf I did (with the floor below).
I really like it!


I actually did this first.  I labelled our containers for the first time that I can remember.

All done!  It looks great right now!

Unfortunately, while cleaning the fourth shelf, I got distracted from my task by the Rice Crispies that expired in 2019.  I thought I should throw them away and I stepped back.  I forgot there were two steps, not one, and I fell and hyper-extended my knee backwards.  It is the same knee that hasn't quite recovered from me hyper-extending it sideways in the summer.  My falling created quite a thud.  It scared Dan who was upstairs and came running fast.  I was just lying on the floor holding my knee and, probably weirdly, thinking that I was like one of those athletes that gets hurt and lies on the floor holding their knee.  

Dan asked what he could do and I said, "you could pat my head", but I don't think he thought I was serious and so he patted my shoulder.  I sent him for my knee brace, put it on, and got up.  I finished putting the shelf paper on the 4th shelf and Dan swept up lots of Rice Crispies, ran up and down the stairs getting things for me, took lots of garbage out, and handed me things so I could reload that last shelf.  I'm glad he was home!  I then went shopping with Kayli, dropped some stuff off and took a peak at my grand-nephew, and came home and iced my knee.

Was the pantry worth the hurt knee?  Well -- my knee was hurt already and I assume the swelling will go back down and it won't be much worse off than it was so I'll say -- yes!

No comments: