Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Tonya, Tammy, Temple Tuesday

One of the most peaceful places on earth.  The Celestial Room of the Payson Temple.
used with permission from newsroom.churchofJesusChrist.org

 Today I didn't want to get out of bed, but I remembered that my sister-in-law was supposed to have surgery today and so I texted her and that was a really nice way to start out my day.  I got out of bed late, but I enjoyed good "chats" via text.  I liked the text she shared with me from The Unexpected Deliverer by Emily Belle Freeman and David Butler that says,

"If we hold on too tightly to what should have been we will miss what God is doing where we are."

Later in the morning I chatted with my counselor who is compassionate and tries to help me see that even though some of the things I deal with are invisible to others, they are still hard and I need to remember to give myself grace and not beat myself up over all I wish I could do, had done, or think I "should" have done.

Early afternoon had me heading to the temple.  I love temple Tuesday.  I work in the office which is super busy, but I work with super nice people, in a really happy place.  Today was extra great because I got to go do some temple "work" with my niece Isabelle and a few family members including Derek.  It was great! 

No comments: