Thursday, May 16, 2019

Attending a Wedding For Our Anniversary

Saturday the 11th of May was the 31st anniversary of Derek's and my wedding.  We celebrated by attending the wedding of our niece Maddie in St. George.  Witnessing the creation of a new family unit is a good way of spending an anniversary!  The marriage took place at the St. George Temple which was blindingly bright white in the sunshine.

Before my uncle performed the sealing, he talked about marriage and the covenants that were being made.  As members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints we believe that God has restored the power of the Priesthood, and the authority to seal families together forever.  Uncle Don did point out that two people being sealed doesn't automatically mean that marriage will last forever.  We need to keep our covenants, and work at marriage, and treat our spouse in such a way that they actually want to be with us forever!

Naturally, I took pictures at the last minute -- not at the temple, or the lunch, but at the reception.  It was held at the home of one of Jenny's friend down the street.  It really was a castle.  The girls helping with the food wanted to get married and live in a castle like that one!
Trisa and me.

Kayli, Derek, and Trisa
Me, Derek, Hyrum, Jake, and Connor


My Uncle Don, Aunt Ada and my sister Tina.  Uncle Don
was the Sealer in the temple and it was a really, really great wedding.

Logan and Maddie.  I only got pictures when they were
talking to other people -- so no on purpose poses.

Logan and Maddie again.

My niece Audrey asked Derek and I who we thought
would fall in the pool first -- Dan, or Caleb.
Who do you think we picked?
Dan, even though he's a ninja.  He sometimes twirls
and loses track of where he is.  This was not one of those times.
They precariously hopped around at the edge a lot, but did
NOT fall in!

These are the "twin" cousins.  Dan is
just like an older twin who likes
to point out those all important
5 hours that he was ahead of Caleb
at getting in to life.  Ha ha!

This is my favorite.  Jeff dancing with his little girl.  These are two
really great people.  I love them.


No comments: