Friday, May 31, 2019

What I Love About Today (Written on Thankful Thursday)

This is Tia when she was a baby.  I've been looking for this picture for a long time!
This is only a wallet sized one that I took a picture of.  I found it yesterday while cleaning the office.
Isn't she so cute? She grew up to be very beautiful.  I love my Tia!

The very photographed dog Teddy-- though 9 out of 10 pictures I take of him end up blurry because
he doesn't sit still.  Kayli likes me to send her pictures of him while she is at work
because she misses her doggie friend.
Loving every day of my life, which is what my blog says after the title, is not just me enjoying my life, but me loving the people in it, and the experiences, and the things, and more things that I haven't listed.  So here are some things I love today.

I love that it was sunny and quiet when I got up, and I enjoyed reading and eating my breakfast with quiet music playing.  I loved playing ball with Teddy because he loves it SO much, and it really was beautiful outside.  I watered a few things that may or may not have needed water, and Teddy is hilarious when the hose is on and moving around.  He acts like it is alive and he must attack it.  That was funny.

Next I went to Walmart early enough that it wasn't busy, and I only got one thing that wasn't on my list (Miracle!) -- and it was on my list last time, I just forgot it!  I love that after I mowed the front lawn, I was smart enough to know that I was too tired to mow the back lawn today, and it won't hurt to wait another day. And I enjoyed talking to Kayli, who was very sympathetic, and who offered to mow even though it would make breathing really hard for her.

I love that Derek called me from work and was encouraging and kind.  I love that Dan made cookies and was proud of how well they turned out, and that Jake helped me put the family picture and a picture of the ocean in frames and get them hung up.  I enjoyed Jake's smile as he told me about trying to juggle, and how juggling in the shade is easier than juggling in the sunshine.

I love that even on days when my energy is low, there are so very many things that I can be thankful for, and writing about them has helped me to notice them more.

No comments: