Saturday, August 17, 2019

Beautiful Squash Plants and Super Villain Squash Bugs!!


My beautiful zucchini plants
I like my squash plants.  I think they are really beautiful, and they sure know how to make whatever squash it is that they were meant to make!  Every year I have had squash bugs.  My friend told me I needed to toughen up because I would apologize to them as I grabbed them and squished them.  This year there were a LOT.  I hired Dan to pick them off and get rid of them.  Even with the piles he pulled off, and the ones I pulled off there were lots and lots left munching on the plants.  Mostly they weren't as bad on the zucchini plant.  It looks good.
This is the surviving Pumpkin plant which is pretty too.
This is a bad picture of the sadly killed pumpkin plants.  The squash bugs won that round!
Unfortunately, with all of our grabbing of squash bugs, we didn't make enough difference to save this one.  I tried spraying evil bug killer (which I have never done) but they kept walking around without being phased.  I figured they had already somehow become radioactive and turned into super villain squash bugs.  Eventually I did a little research and got rid of a lot of them, but I'm sure there are still more in there snacking.  I'm hoping they mostly snack on the dead one and leave the rest alone -- but is that really what a super villain squash bug would do?

No comments: