Sunday, August 18, 2019

My Mom

Mom and a little Kayli making banana bread.  

Mom and Trisa.  Both of these pictures are obviously old but I love them!
Mom and her famous (in the family) peanut butter pie.
This was Thanksgiving a couple years ago maybe?

Today (the 16th) is my Mom's birthday.  She is beautiful, as you can see.  She is smart.  I can still remember her wanting to learn to be better at speaking, and working at it, and I think she is very good at speaking (giving talks).  She studies a lot, and applies what she learns.  She is kind.  She treats everyone with love.  She is feisty sometimes -- though I can't think of an example really.  My kids love this about her though, and mention it occasionally.  Mom is a very good worker.  I have never been able to outwork my Mom.  After Connor was born she stayed here for two weeks helping and I sometimes just wanted her to stop working already and sit down!!  My house looked awesome for that two weeks!  I should have handed her Connor more -- except babies generally don't want you people to sit and hold them and so she still would have been standing!

I think my Mom is fun and has a good sense of humor.  She is good at being friends with people, and at helping a variety of people with a variety of things.  She is not perfect because none of us are, but she is a really good person, who doesn't really ever realize how wonderful she is.  I am thankful that she is my Mom.

One of my favorite memories was when she and Dad were getting ready to go on a mission -- to Russia I think.  They were staying here and going over to the Mission Training Center in Provo in the mornings.  Jake was pretty little.  He LOVED having grandma live here and so he would want her to have breakfast with him, and maybe play playdough or something before she left.  I think sometimes she had to have second breakfast, and my parents were occasionally late because my Mom couldn't say no to a cute little boy who loved her.  (And still loves her).

I love my Mom!

No comments: