Wednesday, August 28, 2019

From If Only to Already

I'm thankful for all of the people who dwell with me in the "fertile valley of Already".
This is Dan with his present from Mike and Tia (Tia is quick to point out that it was Mike who knew what Dan would like!)
In Max Lucado's book "Anxious For Nothing" he talks about moving from the banks of the "if only" river to the "fertile valley of Already."  He is simply pointing out that we can get stuck in the trap of thinking, if only (fill in the blank) then I will be happy, but it would be better to spend our time thinking of what we already have to be grateful for.  We all have different things, and so it is important to not get distracted by thinking of what someone else already has.  Just the great things we already have. 

So today I am thankful for the sunshine, my hat to cover my fun hair, a good book to read, Christmas music (which I am listening to because I wanted a lift and I love Christmas music), my recliner, the Rocket (my van), a call from Derek, Kayli's fuzzy dog who is cute, and a less hectic day to enjoy.

I hope you are finding joy today in the "fertile valley of Already"!

Jake, Dan and Connor rocking the sunglasses in Connor's car.

Mike getting ready to drive the Rocket so I can ride with Derek on the motorcycle.

No comments: