Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Transformation

Our kitchenette, that we had for years and years, flooded a year and a half ago and has now been transformed into a library.  I scrolled through years of pictures this morning but didn't find a single one of the kitchenette.  It seems like we never held special occasions there and so it wasn't photographed much.  It is really hard to actually show a transformation when you can't find the before picture!  I know I took some when we were ripping out the moldy cabinets and the old floor, but those are missing too.  Sad!  I guess there is no looking back!  Here is the library.  With all of the craziness of life, it took a long time to finish, but it looks great!  Derek and Jake did the majority of the work.  I did the painting.
The library with it's twin bed sized reading nook.  We bought some pillows and the zebra one was donated by Tia.  There are lights on either side of the reading nook, or you can turn on the bright one like is shown here.

Dan posing for me.  He looks surprisingly like Jake in this one!

I started loading books yesterday.  I'm not done.  I have to figure out which books go on which bookcases!
You can see the floor a little here.  It matches the wall at the back of the reading nook.

Just one more view.  We love our library!  
Our kitchenette was used almost exclusively to store things.  The library has a hidden storage compartment under the mattress, but will be used for reading.  I think it will get a lot more than the kitchenette did.  So, while it was only changed because of a stealthy leak in the sink, I think it is a really good transformation!


No comments: