Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Cold and Warm

You know the weather is cold when the dog sits right next to the fire that's been on for hours.

Teddy has never done this before.  I thought the house was pretty warm
but he is missing his fluffiness just now!

The weather was cold today.  It was 2 degrees before I took Dan to seminary and 10 degrees this evening on my way home from the temple.  It is on days like this that I am extra grateful not to be a pioneer, or homeless.  I'm thankful the heater works, and the fire.  I'm glad that I have layers of clothing I can wear and coats, hats and gloves for outside.  I'm really glad cars have heaters too.  I tend to panic if I get too cold because I feel like I might never be warm again!

I am also thankful that I know a lot of people who are caring and kind.  That helps keep my heart warm :-)  A lady at the temple that I love but can never seem to remember her name gave me a big hug today and then hugged my friend Shellie too even though she'd never met her.  Dan carried in groceries.  Derek made me yummy food.  Kayli sent me fun pictures, as did my Mom.  People can be awesome!

I hope you all found nice people and stayed cozy wherever you went!

No comments: