Monday, July 29, 2019

Helpful Questions

***
Here are three questions that I think are good to think about.  I got them from Sadie Robertson's book. 

1.  Whose voice is loudest in my life?

Where do my opinions come from?  Who do I listen to?  Do I believe the voices, or words I am exposed to without question?  Of course, it would be great if God's voice was the loudest in all of our lives.  This will take learning to know His words and His voice!  It takes work, but imagine the confidence we can have if we know that we are following God's voice.

2.  Whose lead is strongest in my life?

When I need to know what the best way to go in life is do I listen more to Google or to scriptures and prophets.  Do I pray?  Is my first inclination to seek God's help and counsel?  Do I seek for His lead in all I do?

3.  What's my idea of winning?

I've also heard this as what is my idea of success.  Is winning getting 1st place or doing my best?  Is winning not making waves, or following my conscience?  Is winning stockpiling money, or doing good things with what I have? 

I do not think I have always been good at coming up with good questions in a lot of circumstances.  I have been working on this because if I don't have questions, it's harder to learn.  Questions can be motivators.  They can be good at helping us see how we are doing as we walk along this path of life, and can help us keep turning ourselves back to God so that His is the voice we hear, and the lead we follow, and so that our idea of winning is more about being like God than fitting into this crazy world we live in.

**Photo by Jon Tyson on Unsplash

No comments: