Saturday, July 13, 2019

Laugh More


On our way home from Idaho we listened to a talk by Hank Smith on being happy.  He talked about a study that came up with 10 things that happy people do.  One of those ten things was to laugh more.

How does one go about laughing more?  Hmmm.  More puppet shows?  Naturally I think Princess is hilarious so that's not a bad idea.  We did do a puppet show on Monday and I'm pretty sure I at least chuckled.  It takes a lot to get a good belly laugh out of me.  I can still remember my cousins asking why I didn't laugh at the comics.  I just didn't think they were that funny!  Only occasionally did one catch my funny bone enough to get more than a chuckle. 

Perhaps to laugh more, I just need to practice laughing out loud instead of chuckling?  Does fake laughing count?  I asked one of my kids what she thought I could do to laugh more and she said I just need to go with our family philosophy -- if you are going to make someone laugh, it might as well be yourself.  I think that would require me figuring out how to be funny more often.  Perhaps I just need to wear the princess puppet on my hand all the time and THEN I would be funny :-). 

Feel free to help out by trying to make me laugh.  Just make sure you are following our family's philosophy so that, even if I only chuckle, you will laugh, which will create more happiness for you, and even chuckling more often is bound to help make me a happier person than I already am!

No comments: