Sunday, July 21, 2019

The Connection Between Spirituality and Happiness

What is being Spiritual?  I looked it up :-).  The definition I found described spirituality as seeking a meaningful connection with something bigger than yourself -- a higher power.  I seek a meaningful connection with my Heavenly Father and Jesus, but people who do not believe in them yet still seek for that higher connection.

I know people who are kind, loving, and helpful.  They believe in a higher power and take the time to connect with that power.  Doing this has increased their ability to see their value, and has given them perspective that is helpful.

We can profess to be Christians (or any other kind of religious) without being very spiritual.  We really have to be seeking for that connection with God to be spiritual, and then, when we have made that connection, it will improve our happiness.  We will not be happy all of the time.  That isn't what life is like.  But I believe having a connection with God will help our perspective, and will help us be more content, and at peace, even when things are difficult.

*Photo by Greg Rakozy on Unsplash

No comments: