Saturday, January 4, 2020

JOY


...men are that they might have joy.  2 Nephi 2:25

This year I choose JOY as my one word goal, but I figure it won't help unless I have a pretty clear idea of what I want to do to help create and notice and feel joy more often.  I thought maybe I would assign a new word for every month that would help, but my family so many good words that I haven't decided upon a set plan yet!  Here are the words they helped me come up with:

Invite, Accepting Invitation, Celebrate, Cleansing, Gratitude, Health, Tai Chi, Wellness, Service, Learning, Money, Laughter, Family, Don't Overthink, Feel all emotions, Temple, mindfulness, music, adventure, simplicity, nature, connection, creativity, art, fun, reading, children, food, Get out of comfort zone.

I do have a tendency to try to "fix" everything at once, so I also need to be careful not to make my plan complicated.  A lot of these are things I already try to do, and so maybe I can just come up with new ideas on how to do some better, or a plan to do things at a certain time.  No matter what I can remember that my goal is JOY, and that even in hard times there can be an underlying feeling of gratitude and joy for a Savior, and for the life I have been given, and the opportunities I have to learn!

No comments: