Friday, January 31, 2020

Enjoying Some Thrift Store Projects

I went to Deseret Industries in Provo the other day.  I was wanting to replace my plastic paper trays with something wooden.  I found this:
I was excited.  It is very well built.  It had two wooden drawers I didn't want to use, but I could take them out, paint it and use it.  Of course, I didn't notice until I was ready to check out that the "shelves" are really half shelves.  I think I can figure out some way to make it work and so I bought it anyway and decided to paint the two drawers for fun to replace the cardboard boxes I've been using in my closet.
I got tired of trying to fix my awkward bird.  This goes in my closet and not my wall.
It was fun to try!

Since these are the same size they look great on my shelf.
I didn't really need them, but I enjoy them just the same.
We keep trying to clean things out of our house, so I'm waiting for Derek to try to ban me from thrift stores where I seem to pick up about as much as I drop off.  At least I didn't buy one of the solid wood doors that I figured something cool could be made out of if I knew how!  I guess this is what comes of watching lots of Fixer Upper type shows -- I start wanting to find antique doors like Joanna Gaines :-)

No comments: