Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Needing Inspiration

Christmas decorations at our house.
I have talked to a few people lately who are struggling to feel the joy of the Christmas season.  Some have challenges that seem insurmountable and others don't know why they are struggling.  Is it the weather?  Are they too tired?  And how do they all make it better and feel joy? 

Naturally I want to fix it.  I want to make everything all better.  So I'm brainstorming.  Of course, the first thing that came to mind was the quote from the movie Elf, "The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear".  I think that a few people might be alarmed if I showed up at their door and sang Christmas songs really loudly at them -- though perhaps it would at least get a chuckle!

I know that sometimes I have struggled to feel thankful, or joyful, or really just to feel.  Often the only way to get better is to keep on moving forward with faith that the joyful feeling will come back.  But, while waiting, it is nice to know that people care.  The fact that you are struggling matters to those who love you.  So I am praying for those who are struggling to feel joy, and for inspiration on how I can help. 

If you are struggling, I hope that the joy and peace of our Savior returns very soon.

No comments: