Saturday, December 7, 2019

Tina -- A Good Sister, Friend, and Example.


Picture of Tina posted by Chris on Facebook.

My Mom said that when I was born Tina took good care of me (she was almost 3).  I remember her being my friend.  She was the "teacher" during summer vacations and we had fun with our siblings.  Tina sent me flowers at school on Valentine's Day a time or two and it helped me to feel loved.  She was my roommate who patiently (I think) listened to Air Supply every night at bedtime because I refused to listen to Chopin. 

Tina used to whip up dinner at short notice for Derek and I when we came to visit.  She and Chris were, and still are, very good at helping us feel welcome and at home.  I remember Tina coming (probably over 20 years ago) to help me learn how to can peaches -- which I promptly forgot by the next year!  But I knew where to find instructions that time!  

I have so many good memories of Tina.  One of my favorite is a couple of years ago when I was visiting in Idaho and we went to get Smoothies.  Jamba Juice was having some kind of coloring contest and so we spent our time drinking our smoothies and giggling over our art work.  Probably mostly my art work.  I don't know why we didn't win!  If the winner was chosen by how much fun the "artist" had surely one of us would have won!

I didn't really touch on all of the good things she has done for me, and I'm sure I don't even know a fraction of what she's done for her family and others.  I love Tina!


No comments: